Friday, July 25, 2008

It takes a village. . .

Tomorrow I leave around noon for every one's favorite vacation spot - Ligonier, PA. Well, it's not every one's, but certainly a favorite of mine. I grew up in the neighboring town of Latrobe, PA (Heard of it? Should 'ave. Rolling Rock Beer. . .Mr. Rodgers. . .Arnold Palmer. . .the list goes on) and my best friend from babyhood (yes, we met when we were infants) now lives in Ligonier. So, a couple of times a year we get together; either here in NJ, but mostly in PA. I can't go too long without my favorite pizza.

What does all this have to do with Boris? Well, I can't take him with me. Actually, I don't want to bring him along. He'd be very bored. While we're out running around, he'd have to stay crated and that wouldn't be much fun.

During the time that I'm gone, I planned many things for him so that he won't be lonely. Kola will be home, but is working his usual lawyer hours of all the time. He'll take him out in the morning; then again when he gets home after 11 pm. There's a long time between his coming and going so Kristen (my dog walker) will come around 3:00 to walk and feed him. Around 7:00, Holly and Michael will take him for play dates with Othello to make him nice and tired. Finally, Kola will be home again around 11 to keep him company.

Sounds like he has a great week planned; kind of like going to camp. Although, I still feel bad about leaving him. I'll miss him! I also worry that something dreadful will happen while I'm gone. Like he'll eat one of the remotes or something else. All my worries are unfounded, though. I have plenty of people - a village - looking after him and will keep him healthy and happy. But, still. . .

I'll try to blog while I'm in Ligonier, but the postings will be "Life Without Boris. . ." Sniff.

3 comments:

D said...

Who makes your favorite pizza?

Holly said...

We're looking forward to spending more time with Boris!

Kristi said...

Fill us in on the details about your trip. I'd love to hear all about it.