Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dog Days



I don't know about the rest of the country, but, man, it's been hot in NJ/NYC. The temps are in the 90s with 90% humidity; it sucks the life out of everyone.

With these hot days, I am concerned about Boris getting overheated. After all, he's in a fur coat. How I solve this problem is to keep the shades down, and the AC and ceiling fan running in the bedroom so he'll have a cool retreat when the rest of the condo is hot. I also leave him ice cubes in his water, but God knows how long those last!

Yesterday was particularly hot. When I left in the morning, he had already retreated to the bedroom. When I came home last night, he didn't greet me at the door; I found him on the bed catching the cool breeze of the AC air that bounces off the ceiling fan. Very Smart Boy.

My dog walker, Kristen, leaves me a note every day detailing her walk with Boris. Yesterday, she also found him on the bed soaking up the coolness. He didn't greet her at the door either. She found him on the bed and snapped the picture that you'll find at the top of the post. She also had this to say: "I have my vision of him on the bed, under the fan with white show poodles in pink bows all around him feeding him grapes, or liver ha ha!" That's my boy.
I took an on-line test once titled, "What celebrity does your dog resemble?" Boris matched George Clooney. I think the test was right.
Lesson learned: On hot days, nothing beats a cool breeze and being waited on.






1 comment:

Kristi said...

When I was little I use to sneak out into the living room with my blanket and sleep in front of the fan. I still love doing that. Trent calls it the "artic wind" when I turn on my fan. I can hear the sound of the fan from Nathans room. He loves it too. Boris would fit right in with the kunz family.