Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Distracted by the Olympics

Many apologies to my faithful readers for neglecting my blog, but like the rest of the world I am glued to the Olympics! For the opening ceremonies Kola and I actually scheduled a date to order in Chinese food and watch the entire program!

Being a former competitive swimmer, am in awe of Michael Phelps accomplishments. Plus, he's appears to be a nice guy; he has an English Bulldog, so, what's not to like?

I'm also enjoying the gymnastics - both boys and girls. As much as I enjoy watching, they scare the crap out of me! All their twisting, rotating, jumping, rolling. . .I'm afraid someone is going to get seriously hurt! Remember Keri Schrug? Something like that is bound to go down.

The only sport I don't get is beach volleyball. Who in their right mind would want to jump around under the hot sun, in six inches of sand, tossing a ball back and forth? I get especially uncomfortable when someone falls and their sweaty body gets sand stuck all over them. EWWWW!

Well, the television is calling me because gymnastics is about to begin and Michael is warming up. I do have some Boris news before I sign off - he's been microchiped! A microchip is one of those things that I'm glad to have but hope to never use.

GO WORLD!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow! I didn't know you had been a competitive swimmer.

We should get together soon with the boys!